This job is for the role of an Account Manager for the Clinical Trials Division of a global medical equipment supplier.
The post holder will be required to provide a high level of customer service and relationship management to close opportunities and grow accounts, optimising both financial gains and client satisfaction. You will be responsible for all aspects of the sales process, including price negotiation, generating opportunities and closing sales and rental sales.
This role requires applicants to be able to handle a high and varied workload with efficiency and accuracy. You must be highly organised and be able to work in a busy environment.
You will work with multiple stakeholders, reporting and presenting as required in both written and verbal formats. You will be flexible and enjoy the rewarding challenge of a fast-paced role.
This role is an exciting opportunity and will involve realising orders for a variety of customers from around the world to aid in Woodley's continued expansion and global presence.
- Provide customers with proposals in order to generate sales opportunities
- Prospect inbound enquiries to develop new sales leads
- Establish new contacts and new opportunities within your account base
- Deal with key decision makers
- Build and manage a client pipeline and close sales
- Achieve agreed revenue targets
- Have a strong product knowledge or the ability to learn products quickly
- Ability to build rapport, develop and maintain long lasting relationships with customers
- Work with the purchasing and logistics teams to provide customers with accurate sales estimates
- A degree or equivalent experience essential
- Commercially minded
- Excellent communication skills with a customer centric approach
- A proactive methodology to use your own initiative in solving problems
- Have a consultative approach to be able to develop enquiries into sales estimates
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to prioritise, multi-task and work on your own initiative and work to deadlines
- Strong communication skills with accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to deal with conflicts positively and objectively
- Team player - Ability to work as part of a team and support your team
- Have superb questioning skills: being capable of using open questions to find out the cause of the customer's problem
- Able to think on your feet and come up with new questions if necessary, to dig into the customer's problem
- Able to present relevant written and verbal information in a concise format
- Strong diplomatic and interpersonal skills
- Able to converse with all levels of staff from within the organisation
- Able to persuade, negotiate and influence key organisations
- Able to prioritise tasks within set deadlines
- IT literate with excellent IT and keyboard skills, to produce self-generated information
You will have a proven track record in an office management, administrative or assistant role, be computer literate and be commercially orientated. It is essential that you have the capacity to work with colleagues at all levels, can work as part of a team, and the ability to work on own initiative whilst maintaining team approach. The successful candidate must have exemplary personal standards of conduct, and the ability to work under pressure.
We are looking for people who bring a positive/can do attitude with a high level of energy and a passion for sales in the healthcare industry motivated and are dedicated team players. You will need to demonstrate strong time-management and people skills, flexibility, and multitasking ability.
Advanced computer skills and experience with online platforms and proficiency in Microsoft Office, with aptitude to learn new software and systems is essential.
You align with Woodley Trial Solution's values:
- Reliability: the ability to deliver the promised service in a consistent and accurate manner.
- Assurance and expertise: the knowledge level and politeness of the employees and to what extent they create trust and confidence.
- Tangibles: the appearance our company and service, from the equipment itself to our website and employees.
- Empathy and dedication: to what extent employees care and give individual attention.
- Responsiveness: how willing the employees are to offer a speedy service.
- 22 days annual leave, increases to 25 after 5 years of service
- Free onsite parking
- Eye care vouchers
- Company sick pay
- Paid medical appointments
- Workplace pension
- Company social events
- General office dress / smart casual
- Employee discount scheme
- Length of service recognition