This job is for the role of a Warehouse Operative for the Clinical Trials Division of a global medical equipment supplier. The holder is responsible for shipping, receiving, creating orders, testing and preparing equipment. Activities may include, but are not limited to, loading or unloading, moving, staging, replenishing, and cleaning the warehouse.
The role is responsible for counting and inspecting product, notifying the Warehouse Team Leader when there are damages or discrepancies, operating all equipment safely and efficiently and performing all duties as assigned.
This position is in Horwich, Bolton. It is a Full-Time position with a probationary period of 6 months, hours are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.00pm.
This role is an exciting opportunity and will involve fulfilling orders for a variety of customers from around the world to aid in the expansion of our Global presence.
- Work with the Warehouse Team Leader to ensure the smooth running of the warehouse
- Perform quality assurance inspections and testing on all equipment prior to dispatch and upon return
- Perform control inventory checks by conducting physical counts
- Ensuring shipping supplies are in stock
- Monitoring and maintaining temperature of refrigerated supplies as needed
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat; ensuring clear goods in and out areas, maintaining clean shipping supply area
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Able to present relevant written and verbal information in a concise format
- Strong diplomatic skills
- Able to converse with all levels of staff from within the organisation
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to prioritise tasks within set deadlines
- IT and keyboard skills
- Ability to lift 20kg
- Must have experience in a warehouse environment
- Must be extremely detail oriented, organised and have a team mentality
- Exceptional time management
- Ability to communicate across teams up to and including Vice President
You will have a proven track record in a similar role, be computer literate and be commercially orientated. It is essential that you have the capacity to work with colleagues at all levels, can work as part of a team, and the ability to work on own initiative whilst maintaining team approach. The successful candidate must have exemplary personal standards of conduct, and the ability to work under pressure.
We are looking for people who bring a positive/can do attitude with a high level of energy and a passion for procurement in the healthcare industry motivated and are dedicated team players.
Good time management skills and a skilled working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages such as Excel, Word and Outlook are essential.